by trumeta | December 20, 2023
Turmeric Mushroom Coffee Recipe
Begin a journey to wellness with this invigorating turmeric coffee recipe, an enchanting blend that marries the robust flavors of coffee with the ancient healing spice of turmeric. Perfecting the art of how to make mushroom coffee, this recipe introduces the adaptogenic benefits of mushroom powder, creating a synergistic fusion that’s as beneficial as it is delicious.
Each sip of this coffee with turmeric recipe offers a warm, spicy embrace, enhanced by notes of cinnamon and ginger. It’s a concoction designed not only to awaken your senses but also to provide a holistic boost to your day. The addition of a pinch of black pepper is not just for flavor—it’s a thoughtful touch to increase the bioavailability of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric.
This recipe stands as a testament to tradition meeting modern wellness, promising a soothing, yet energizing cup of coffee that’s bound to become a cherished part of your morning ritual.
- 40 ml of freshly brewed Trumeta Mushroom Coffee
- 120 ml of milk (or a non-dairy alternative)
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) of ground ginger
- A pinch of black pepper (to enhance turmeric absorption)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- Brew your coffee as usual.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the milk with the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper. Whisk continuously until the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Stir in the mushroom powder until fully dissolved.
- Combine the spiced milk mixture with the hot coffee.
- Sweeten with honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top for garnish.
If you liked our turmeric coffee recipe, be sure to check out our other mushroom coffee options:
- Vanilla Iced Mushroom Coffee Recipe
- Caramel Iced Mushroom Coffee Recipe
- Cozy Mushroom Coffee Recipe for Winter
- Simple Mushroom Cappuccino Recipe
- Best Mushroom Latte Recipe
Estimated Nutritional Value per serving
- Calories: 60 kcal Protein: 2 g
- Fatty Acids: 1 g (if using non-dairy milk, this may vary)
- Carbohydrates: 9 g (Sugars: 6 g if sweetened with honey)
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
Turmeric Mushroom Coffee Recipe FAQs
Mushroom coffee presents a unique taste profile; it’s a rich, mellow brew with the deep, earthy nuances of mushrooms. This intriguing blend tones down the bitterness of traditional coffee, offering a savory note that harmonizes the natural robustness of the beans. The result is a surprisingly smooth cup with a full-bodied taste and a whisper of woodland essence.
What are the benefits of adding Turmeric to Mushroom Coffee?
Adding turmeric to mushroom coffee creates a powerhouse beverage with a plethora of benefits. Turmeric and its active compound, curcumin, synergizes with the adaptogenic mushrooms, potentially boosting immunity, supporting brain health, and offering a calming effect. This combination makes for a therapeutic cup that not only soothes the soul but may also aid in reducing stress and fostering a resilient immune system.
What Toppings Can I Add to Coffee with Turmeric recipe?
To adorn your coffee with turmeric recipe, consider a dash of nutmeg for warmth, a swirl of coconut cream for richness, or a sprinkle of crushed cardamom for a fragrant twist. For a touch of sweetness and texture, a spoonful of frothy milk foam or a few cacao nibs can elevate your cup into a luxurious treat. Each topping not only enhances flavor but also adds its own subtle health benefits, complementing the turmeric’s therapeutic qualities.