by trumeta | December 19, 2023
Mushroom Coffee Bun Recipe
Delight in the art of baking with our exquisite coffee bun recipe, a culinary creation that promises to enchant your senses. This coffee bun is not just a treat; it’s an experience, blending the warm, comforting aroma of freshly baked bread with the intoxicating richness of coffee.
Learning how to make a coffee bun recipe at home allows you to enjoy the pleasure of a bakery-fresh delight, infused with a surprising hint of mushroom for an earthy nuance. Each bun is a soft, pillowy embrace filled with a luscious coffee cream that boasts a subtle adaptogenic mushroom twist, adding depth and nutrients to this tasty filling.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the kitchen, this recipe guides you through the process of crafting the perfect coffee bun, ensuring that each bite is as rewarding as it is delicious. So, don your apron and prepare to transform your kitchen with the scent of these heavenly coffee-infused buns.
For the Bun Dough
- 500 grams of all-purpose flour
- 7 grams of instant yeast
- 50 grams of granulated sugar
- 5 grams of salt
- 250 ml of warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams of unsalted butter, softened
For the Coffee Cream Filling
- 200 ml of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Trumeta Mushroom Coffee or any instant coffee of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add the warm milk and egg to the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth, then incorporate the softened butter until fully combined.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Punch down the dough and divide it into 12 equal parts.
- Shape each part into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake the buns for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- For the coffee cream, dissolve the instant coffee in a tablespoon of hot water. Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, then fold in the Trumeta Mushroom Coffee.
- Cut a slit in each bun and pipe in the coffee cream filling.
Looking for some more mushroom coffee recipes? Don’t miss our other delicious options:
- Cherry Mushroom Coffee Cake Recipe
- Mushroom Coffee Cake Cookies Recipe
- Mushroom Coffee Cupcake Recipe
Estimated Nutritional Value per serving
- Calories: 320 kcal
- Protein: 6 g
- Fatty acids: 15 g (Saturated: 9 g)
- Carbohydrates: 40 g (Sugars: 10 g)
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
Mushroom Coffee Bun Recipe FAQs
Mushroom Coffee Buns taste like a delightful fusion of rich, aromatic coffee and subtly earthy mushrooms, wrapped in a soft, sweet bread. The surprising umami twist from the mushrooms enhances the deep coffee flavors, creating a harmonious blend that’s both comforting and intriguingly sophisticated. Each bite offers a tender crumb with a creamy, coffee-infused center.
Yes, a Coffee Bun can provide a modest energy boost. The carbohydrates in the bread supply immediate fuel, while the caffeine from the coffee-infused filling offers a mental uplift. It’s a tasty pick-me-up that combines the sustaining power of a snack with the energizing effect of coffee, perfect for a mid-morning or afternoon lift.
Consider stirring a dash of cinnamon or cardamom into the dough for a spicy twist or adding chopped nuts to the filling for a crunchy contrast. You could also mix in dark chocolate chips for a mocha vibe or top the buns with a coffee glaze for extra sweetness and a stunning sheen.