by trumeta | December 20, 2023
Blueberry and Mushroom Coffee Cake With Sour Cream Recipe
Embark on a culinary adventure with this unique blueberry coffee cake recipe with sour cream, an innovative twist on the traditional coffee cake. Infused with the earthy tones of Mushrooms powder, this recipe for blueberry coffee cake with sour cream offers a delightful contrast of flavors that tantalize the palate.
The tanginess of the sour cream enriches the texture, creating a moist and tender crumb, while the fresh blueberries burst with sweetness in every bite. Mushrooms, the silent heroes of this recipe, not only complement the sweetness of the blueberries but also add a savory note, making this cake a perfect balance of flavors.
While some may be skeptical about the pros and cons of mushroom coffee, incorporating mushrooms into this cake lends a subtle umami depth that pairs surprisingly well with the berries and creamy sour cream. This recipe promises a deliciously different coffee cake that’s sure to intrigue your guests and become a new favorite.
For the Crust
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 100 grams of unsalted butter (cold and cubed)
- 50 grams of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of ice water
For the Filling
- 300 grams of fresh blueberries
- A pack of Trumeta Mushroom Coffee
- 200 grams of sour cream
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Begin with the crust: In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 23cm (9-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Blind bake the crust: Cover the crust with baking paper, fill with pie weights or dried beans, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the weights and paper, then bake for another 10 minutes until lightly golden.
- For the filling: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, eggs, Trumeta Mushroom Coffee, vanilla extract, and flour until smooth. Pour the sour cream mixture in the crust.
- Scatter the blueberries on top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the top is lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack before serving.
If you liked our recipe, make sure to check other delicious meals with mushroom coffee:
Estimated Nutritional Value per Serving
- Calories: 320 kcal
- Protein: 5 g
- Fatty Acids: 16 g (Saturated: 9 g)
- Carbohydrates: 40 g (Sugars: 20 g)
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
Blueberry and Mushroom Coffee Cake With Sour Cream Recipe FAQs
Mushroom coffee offers a distinctive earthy flavor with a slightly nutty and umami undertone, a twist on your regular brew that’s milder and less acidic.
Yes, the Blueberry and Mushroom Coffee Cake combines natural sugars and caffeine, providing a gentle boost of energy with the added bonus of antioxidants from the blueberries.
Enhance your blueberry coffee cake recipe with sour cream with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a drizzle of honey for a touch of extra indulgence and a beautiful finish.